Revolutionary War Scavenger Hunt
the highlighted word in each question to travel to the site on which
you will find the answers. If there is no highlighted word, then stay
on the page you are presently viewing and search for the answer there.
You may have to choose different links within a site to find the
was signed in 1763? By whom was it signed?
2. What did it say? Use your own words to
3. When was the Sugar Act passed?
4. What was passed in 1765?
Name 8 items which
5. What happened on December
6. What event happened on March
Describe in your own words what happened on this day.
7. Who actually hung the two lanterns in the Old North
8. On what date did Paul Revere make his historic ride?
went with Paul Revere on this ride?
in the blanks with the appropriate words:
At dawn on April 19 about 70 armed
Massachusetts militiamen stand face to face on Lexington Green with the
British advance guard. An unordered '____________________ ____________________
begins the ____________________
11. After Lexington, where
did the British go?
12. How far is it from Lexington, Massachusetts to
13. On what date was the battle
of Trenton, NJ fought?
was one of the most
commonly used (popular) weapons of the Revolutionary War?
15. What was the most
16. What young
woman posed as a man so that she could serve for the American Army
in the War for Independence?
17. Fill in the blanks to complete
this sentence from the Declaration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be
self-evident, that all men are created ____________________,
they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that
among these are ____________________,
the pursuit of ____________________.